• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Greater Manchester Enforcement unit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greater Manchester Enforcement unit

Hi all im after some advise i have just received a letter in the post today dated 12/08/2015 stating that they have applied to my employer for a attachment of earnings for the princley sum of £248.39 it also states that to call i must quote the case number above, problem is i have no idea what this is about and there is no case number on the letter to say i'm livid is an understatement!
    How do i go about finding out what this is about?
    Tags: None

Re: Greater Manchester Enforcement unit

Hi Welcome to LB,

This could be an overpayment of a benefit, council tax/ housing benefit.

Easiest way to find out is to phone GMC.

nem

Comment

Hi Thanks i am really wound up at the moment at the thought of someone having a day in court without me or my knowledge of this going on. Not sure how they get away with this as when i took my ex to court the burden of rpoof was on me to show they had due notice of any hearings.

Comment

Originally posted by wuzzy View Post
        Hi Thanks i am really wound up at the moment at the thought of someone having a day in court without me or my knowledge of this going on. Not sure how they get away with this as when i took my ex to court the burden of rpoof was on me to show they had due notice of any hearings.
        There is no court involvement with this.
        If this is a "benefit" debt the council/DWP can get a AEO without recourse to the courts. ( Welfare Reform Act provided this).

nem

nem

Comment

nope turns out its lumped together traffic fines from 2006 they have apparently tried in this time to contact me but i had moved ??? but ive had post forwarded for 6 months and i've only moved 1 in that time.
          Needless to say i'm more than disappointed in the information i received over the phone and now have to apply to my local magistrate to a copy of the information faxed over for them to go through it with me as i know i pad all my fines 3 years ago when they approached me after lumping them all together

Comment

Surely i could expect a better a more thorough approach than this or to quote the lady i just spoke to "letters do go missing sometimes" is this really the state of the court system ? its beggars belief that they have even contacted to wrong company for the attachment of earnings just because the name is similar but their based in leamington and i live in Halifax west Yorks ?

Comment

nope turns out its lumped together traffic fines from 2006 they have apparently tried in this time to contact me but i had moved ??? but ive had post forwarded for 6 months and i've only moved 1 in that time.
              Needless to say i'm more than disappointed in the information i received over the phone and now have to apply to my local magistrate to a copy of the information faxed over for them to go through it with me as i know i pad all my fines 3 years ago when they approached me after lumping them all together
              Ok what method of payment did you use? Should be easy to trace if you used, debit/credit card/ cheque/ bank transfer.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                Ok what method of payment did you use? Should be easy to trace if you used, debit/credit card/ cheque/ bank transfer.

nem
                Yes i have all my previous bank statements available online and they show the payments made to Rochdale courts as they were the one issuing the fines at the time.
                Last payment made july 2010 for a little less than then agreed monthly amount as this was the final payment.

Comment

Yes i have all my previous bank statements available online and they show the payments made to Rochdale courts as they were the one issuing the fines at the time.
                  Last payment made july 2010 for a little less than then agreed monthly amount as this was the final payment.
                  That's good news, phone the enforcement office and tell them that the fines were paid and when and to whom they were
                  paid, no doubt they will require proof which you have and can send if required.

nem

Comment

Done and they have agreed to cancel the attachemnt of earnings pending receipt of proof of payment. :-) yay! thanks for your help but could have done without that start to the day.

Comment

Done and they have agreed to cancel the attachemnt of earnings pending receipt of proof of payment. :-) yay! thanks for your help but could have done without that start to the day.

At least it's sorted pretty swiftly for you!!

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X