• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unnecessary obstruction Reg 103

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unnecessary obstruction Reg 103

We have had a lot of cars parking on or near a junction which also has an entrance to a children's play area. I appreciate that the Highway Code only suggests that you should not park within 10m of a junction and it is not, in itelf, an offence. However, it seems to me that the poplice should be able to raise a FPN on these offenders under either Reg 103 Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986 - causing an unnecessary obstruction - or S.22 RTA - dangerous parking. However, on speaking to the local PCSO, they have said no, the police do not have the power to do so. They claim Reg 103 only applies if a car is blocking a driveway.

However, I have found numerous examples on the internet of people that have received FPNs for causing an unnecessary obstruction even though they are not blocking a driveway. Instead, the FPN has been raised because they parked near to a junction (our problem exactly). I have even found a letter (see attached) that the PCSOs in Cambridge sent out to residents near a junction which explain this point exactly.

So, is the PSCO correct or do the police indeed have the power to raise a FPN in such circumstances?
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X