• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

My Car Towed but V5 is not in my name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Car Towed but V5 is not in my name

Hello please read the whole story of what happened so you can get an accurate idea of the situation.

I was at an auction and i bid for a car which i lost. Then the guy who won the car he came and said that he didn't want the car that he won ( the one that we both bid ) and asked if i wanted it, as i was the last bidder. i said yes and then he arranged to take out the car from the auction.
    So basically i will bought the car from the guy and not from the auction. We both signed the traders section (as he said it was ok) but he didn't sign the declaration part. and he kept the traders part and i kept the rest V5.

So i want to transfer the car in my name, but the section that the keeper and new keeper have to sign is not signed.

Today i think the car was towed away. But i can't do nothing as the car is not registered in my name, and there is nothing saying in the V5 that i have bought that car or anything. The only proof is the part the guy who soled me the car, where we both signed.
    Tags: dvla

Re: My Car Towed but V5 is not in my name

Hi and welcome.

Why do you think the vehicle has been towed, and who do you think towed it?

I suspect you paid cash, and have no receipt.
    You do have the remains of the old registration book, and presumably an ignition key.

Why not report it stolen to the police? If it has been towed they'll let you know & you can arrange to get it out of the pound

Comment

At first thanks for replying.

But how do i transfer the vehicle in my name? i have a v5 that is not signed and the previous owner is not the name of the guy who soloed me the car, as he soled it as dealer. ( by selling as dealer the owner on the first part of the page is not the same as the dealer, the dealer doesn't have to send the v5 to dvla to receive a new v5 with his name on, he just signs the dealer's part and sells it)

Comment

use form V62https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/360103/V62_220714.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X