• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moneybarn - Repossesion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moneybarn - Repossesion

Hi All,
    I have a big problem with my car finance company.

I have had the agreement since about May 2013 and since about May this year I have had problems keeping up the repayments because I lost my job and the agreement as of last Friday, has been terminated I received my letter saying that I need to return the car.

I haven’t paid over a third so I know they can repossess when they like.

They've actually been quite good in the past and understanding so I can't really fault them as it was of my own making that I am in this mess.
    Saying that, they are however adamant that they will not reinstate the agreement going forward now and that I am to return the car.

The only option I have is to pay the full arrears by Friday £1550 and they will allow me to keep possession of the vehicle but said it still won’t be a full reinstated agreement it will be something setup with their legal team and will be on a rolling monthly repayment and if I miss one the car will instantly be called on for repossession.

My circumstances have changed in the last month or so and I am now earning good money again and the usual monthly installment comes to a tenth of my take home salary, I can easily keep up the repayments going forward but it’s obviously too late in their eyes which is fair enough.

Is there anything I can do, I have offered to pay £1000 straight up today and the remanding £550 plus the month’s installment on my payday at the end of the month but they are unwilling to do that.

Can I still apply to the court for a time order even though I’ve not paid under a third?

Really stressing me out as I am finally straight in terms of income but they have given me till Friday to raise the money or it will be passed to recovery agents then.

Thanks all
    Darren
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X