• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Ticket from Council

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN Ticket from Council

Dear All,

I am looking for your help if possible, i bought a pay and display ticket from machine with 2 hours time limit, i was visiting clients on the high street. Due to the heavy rain i moved my car round the corner to another pay and display bay 200 yards away , still within my time limit i didn't purchase another ticket.
    I came back to my car to find a parking ticket on my car even though my ticket was paid and displayed within the time on it.

I wrote to the Council explaining what happened and giving a copy of the ticket they responded with....

" I have received your challenge to the above Penalty Charge Notice (PCN), but after reviewing and considering the circumstances I have found no grounds for the cancellation of the PCN.

The place where your vehicle was parked is Warwick Street and the Pay & Display ticket you had on display was only valid for bays on High Street therefore the PCN was correctly issued and remains payable.

It is worth pointing out that the bays on Warwick Street are limited to 2 hours only with no return within 2 hours so even if your first ticket had been valid you would not have been permitted to purchase extra time."

The High Street sign say's Max Stay 2 hours on it. Any advice to let go or reply with any advice appreciated thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: PCN Ticket from Council

Hi LasVegas and Viva! Welcome to LB

The reply from the Council makes little sense as you weren't looking to purchase "extra time" if you were within the 2 hour limit :mmph: but I guess they've got you on the "only applies to the High Street", deeply unfair though that may be.

If it were me I would pay it whilst still at the reduced rate, making it clear that I was paying under protest. If you feel strongly enough, a letter of protest to the Leader of the Council pointing out how unfair it is and suggesting a refund couldn't do any harm.

See here: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences

Beagles with more knowledge and experience may disagree and have more palatable suggestions - I do hope so!

Comment

Re: PCN Ticket from Council

Thanks for your help MISS FM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X