• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye - County Court Claim, Any help greatly appreciated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye - County Court Claim, Any help greatly appreciated

Hi,

Please can someone help my wife and I who have received a County Court Claim from Parking Eye for overstaying at the Clifton hotel in Southport.

We had received previous letters from Parking Eye which we (I say we it is actually me as I said I'd sort this out) ignored on the advice read on a number of online forums, including money saving expert etc.

The specifics of the incident are as follows:
    My wife was holding a thank you event at the Clifton Hotel for people who volunteer at her place of work which is a local hospice.

I drove my wife there and dropped her off, parking outside the doors of the hotel. This was because I needed to carry in a number of boxes for her, leaving them inside the main doors as it was raining. My wife stayed with the car as our 10 month old daughter was asleep inside.

A few hours later I returned to the hotel to collect my wife from the event, however she was delayed. (the volunteers average age is 70 and she found it hard to get away as everyone wanted to say thank you for the event) I took advantage of this to feed and change our duaghter in the car. When my wife came out we drove away and thought nothing of it.

I did see the signs, however didn't examine them closely as I was just dropping off / picking up and not actually parking and leaving the car.

We now have a situation developing whereby my wife is expecting our second child, we are looking to move house (all go I know). I don't want the CCC to affect our credit rating. I think the Mrs would like to just pay it, and if likely to lose then I would be of the same view to protect our credit rating for impending mortgage application. However I am determined that if I can defend this clain to do so....One for the man over the charlatans that run these companies.

I am considering contacting the hotel and also defending the claim at the same time to hope that they can influence this.

Is anyone able to give some advice on my best course of action.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as, I have promissed the (ever so slightly hormonal) Mrs that I will sort this one way or the other.

Thanks

Re: Parking Eye - County Court Claim, Any help greatly appreciated

Contacting the hotel is a great idea. Hopefully they will see sense.

Have you logged on to MCoL and filed AoS and said you'll defend yet ? This gives an extra 14 days to defend and a total of 33 days from the date on the claim form.

I would wait to file a defence as the result of the Cambridge case should be with us in 2 weeks and that might make things very simple indeed.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...g-session.html

Also whilst waiting you could read the free legal arguments guide http://www.parking-prankster.com/court-claim.html and if you want to pay about £3 for the court guide too.

Also read the cases where PE lost http://www.parking-prankster.com/court-cases.html which is valuable knowledge on how to win.

M1

Comment

Thanks for this I appreciate you guidance. I will file the AOS to say I will defend.

Does the fact that I was the driver and not my wife have any bearing on the approach I should take. I'm still hopeful the hotel will see sense and ask PE to drop it.

If not, what is the Cambridge case and is this likely to help our predicament ?

And also, now it is at CC stage is there anything I can do seeing as though I have ignored previous notices ? I'm seeing advice you have given to others which stated appeal through popla and the driver will win ?

Again, any advice greatly appreciated.

Comment

Is this: http://www.parking-prankster.com/court-claim.html any use?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post

I hope so since i linked to it

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X