• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Further steps notice greater manchester accounts and enforcement unit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Further steps notice greater manchester accounts and enforcement unit

Hello, just writing for some advice.

I received this letter yesterday from the Greater Manchester Accounts and Enforcement team. This was a complete shock to me as I did not know about this at all. I have never been to court . I have never known about a court appearance , and i did not know what the hell this is all about . I rang the number today quoted the number and asked the lady what it was for /

She said " it was a motoring offence that you were convicted of in your absence on the 6th Sept 2010, at Thameside Magistrates Court, Henry Square , Aston under lyne. Ol16 7TP."

I asked her what the offence was , she said " it was for not giving the police, details of the driver of the vehicle that was involved in a speeding camera offence ." "Some time before the date of the court date 6th Sept 2010.

Apparently my car that was registered in my name was doing over the speed limit, and was captured on a camera, the offence was processed and a letter was sent to my farthers address .( this is all news to me ) , the letter was followed up with a second letter , Requesting that the person who was driving to be given . ( this is also news to me )

a third letter was sent telling me that i was to appear in court on that date ( this is news to me ) and then i was fined , and was to pays costs and that is the reason for this letter ( this is all news to me )

I have not been living in the uk now for 3 years , i was working away a lot during the time of the offence, there so called correspondence, and the letter about court, and indeed any other letter telling me about this

THIS IS ALL THE FIRST I KNOW ABOUT IT ???? Any suggestions rather annoyed jim
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Further steps notice greater manchester accounts and enforcement unit

If you have no knowledge of the Court proceedings you need to contact the Court asking to be able to make a Statutory Declaration to that effect. You have 21 days to do so from when you first became aware, so time is of the essence.

You also say you have been out of the country - are you still abroad and if so do you know if you will be coming back.

Comment

I live in ireland , I am now a citizen of Ireland , don't have any ties, other than family members to uk , I do not intend to come back to uk , but I would be worried about a warrant should I have a fleeting visit, last thing I need is an arrest at the airport. But I will contract the thameside mag courts on tuesday coming , bring this up with them too.
      thanks

Comment

From: Morris, Barbara (barbara.morris@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk) This sender is in your contact list.
        Sent: 04 June 2014 10:34:43
        To: 'jim briyde' (jimmyjazzjazz@hotmail.co.uk)

Dear Mr Bride

I can confirm that this matter was listed for re-opening on the 23rd May. On this day the magistrates and CPS agreed to withdraw the offence completely. The DVLA have been notified to remove the points from your licence and the fine has been withdrawn.

Rgds
        Barbara
        Barbara Morris - Court Support
        Tameside Magistrates' Court
        Henry Square
        Ashton-under-Lyne
        OL6 7TP
        Tel. 0161 331 5619

Attached Files

Comment

My latest result from the uk

From: Morris, Barbara (barbara.morris@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk) This sender is in your contact list.
          Sent: 04 June 2014 10:34:43
          To: 'jim briyde' (jimmyjazzjazz@hotmail.co.uk)

Dear Mr Bride

I can confirm that this matter was listed for re-opening on the 23rd May. On this day the magistrates and CPS agreed to withdraw the offence completely. The DVLA have been notified to remove the points from your licence and the fine has been withdrawn.

Rgds
          Barbara
          Barbara Morris - Court Support
          Tameside Magistrates' Court
          Henry Square
          Ashton-under-Lyne
          OL6 7TP
          Tel. 0161 331 5619

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X