• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marstons overcharging fees and ATR for unpaid PCN/ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marstons overcharging fees and ATR for unpaid PCN/ticket

Hi all,

I need some urgent advice please. I received a parking ticket about 8 months ago which i completely forgot to clear. Last week on the 11th Feb a bailiff from Marston came to my home but i was away for work but my car was parked outside the house. He left a Notice of Seizure of Goods and Inventory letter after knocking on door very aggresively but my wife who was home with our kids did not open.
    Strangely the notice said "I have today seized and distrained goods specified in the following for the sum of £376.84". When he left my wife called and i came and removed the car and parked it far away.

Also quoted on the notice was the breakdown of the fees;

-Penalty charges/Inc court fees 125.44
    -Bailiffs Attendance costs 34.5
    -Attendance to remove 175
    -VAT 41.9

Same bailiff returned on the 13th Feb left another notice plus another attendace cost of £44.15 and now total owing is £429.82.

Same bailiff again returned yesterday 17 Feb and left another notices plus more attendance costs of of £57 and now total owing is £497.

How can they get away with charging these rediculous amounts...We are struggling and can't afford to pay these fees. I called the council to clear the PCN and they refused and directed me back to the bailiffs.

Please advise me on how to deal with this situation.

many thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Marstons overcharging fees and ATR for unpaid PCN/ticket

Which council is it?

Comment

Its manchester city council.thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Will2012 View Post
        It's Manchester Shîtty Council.
        I've fixed your post for you. :grin:

The Chief Executive is "Sir" Howard Bernstein, h.bernstein@manchester.gov.uk

A list of the leading snollygosters can be found at http://www.manchester.gov.uk/info/20..._the_executive

Comment

Many thanks for the email and link.

Is there anything i can do so that i dont incur more fees. Is there a way of paying the pcn directly to the council?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Will2012 View Post
            Is there anything i can do so that i dont incur more fees.
            Yes - pay the buggers or, the next time they call, they'll bring along a flat-bed lorry and charge you even more.

Is there a way of paying the pcn directly to the council?
            There probably is, by on-line banking or via the council website. However, you'll still have Marstons after you for their fees.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X