• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN 23 parked in a place or are not designated for that class of vehicle.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN 23 parked in a place or are not designated for that class of vehicle.

Hi all,

I'm trying to appeal the fine for parking in a bay for a coach. I've attached the photo of the signs in that area. What I hope someone can tell is have they got me bang to rights or can I appeal? From my perspective the sign seems to be more of a directive to a bus/coach drive rather than helping the car to see that he is not allowed to park their. There are no further exemption notices in the area to help a car driver fathom this out and further sign underneath the original saying "Only". Can anyone advise?

Cheers
    Attached Files

Re: PCN 23 parked in a place or are not designated for that class of vehicle.

The big blue P symbol means Parking - The Bus Symbol means Buses Only - The 15mins means Maximum 15mins

Thats parking for buses only for maximum of 15 mins.

I see no suggestion that the sign was directing to any other place for parking at all. So am sorry, but it appears that they got you bang to rights.
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

I would take that to mean buses are permitted to park here and for 15 minutes only. No prohibition for cars.

Is this a private parking charge or local authority?

Comment

It's Liverpool council I was hoping to dispute it on the basis that it didn't have an "only" sign underneath. In my opinion it seems quite ambiguous at first glance - just a directive to a bus driver but not excluding cars. It seems I'm not the only one to think this as I've been back several times to see the same thing with other parked cars. Bit of a cash-cow for the council.

Comment

That sign is the correct one for coaches only parking which is limited to 15 mins.

Look here , page 8 for other examples:
          https://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consu.../dg_191927.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Bando View Post
            It's Liverpool council I was hoping to dispute it on the basis that it didn't have an "only" sign underneath. In my opinion it seems quite ambiguous at first glance - just a directive to a bus driver but not excluding cars. It seems I'm not the only one to think this as I've been back several times to see the same thing with other parked cars. Bit of a cash-cow for the council.
            Just wondering how you got on. I have the same issue in, probably, the same place. I was unloading to the museum and was given a ticket on the strength of a two minute observation.

Comment

Ignore the private enforcement companies and go to the council or other owners. I once got booked for parking just inside a bus layby but when I could prove that my vehicle had broken down and it would be absurd to let it block the bust highway, they made a full refund and apologised. Of course they had to check via the RAC that my claimed breakdown was genuine.

Comment

nice thought Geoffrey but having read so many threads RE parking penalties from PPCs it don't work like that very often

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X