• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye - Advice please?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Parking Eye - Advice please?


    PCN Parking Eye - Pay/Ignore/Appeal?

    I'm a new member on LegalBeagles and unfortunately I have joined for some advice...

    I received a Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice (PCN) on 11.12.2013. The actual "date of event" was 06.12.2013.

    I'm the registered keeper and main driver - I have two named drivers on my policy.

    I was parking in a private carpark in Huddersfield on a Friday evening and arrived at 20 : 13 : 13 departing at 22 : 26 :12 (2hrs 12m). The carpark states that there is 2 hours free parking (I have yet to go back and check for adequate signs). I did not look at the signs/see them as it was dark and bad weather - we were visiting the Festival of Light event in the town centre. The annoying thing is that I would have been back in time if it wasn't for the overly busy streets and non-existant opportunities to cross the road!

    The amount "invoiced" is £85.00 (reduced to £50.00 if I pay by 25.12.2013).

    Basically, I'm not sure what course of action to take. I have read lots of forum posts and the general advice is to ignore, however there are a few cases which have been referred to court action and their website boasts "winning court cases". I've also seen that a lot of people appeal (and I note these are never accepted) although I don't really have grounds as I did enter the carpark and overstay my welcome where signs were available thus "entering into a contract". I don't want to be a fool and hand my money over to them for overstaying by 12 minutes. I feel the amount claimed isn't fair for 12 minutes to be quite honest. However I also work at a law firm and really don't think that a CCJ will help me further my career.

    Also for information, it arrived by post and I received no windscreen notifcation.

    Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm a little worried!



    PS. Be nice, I'm new! :santa_wink:

  • #2
    Re: Parking Eye - Advice please?

    Whatever you do, don't ask your colleagues for advice

    Appeal 100%.

    Send an appeal to Parking Eye such as

    Dear Sirs,

    I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not park for longer than allowed. In any event the charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

    In the event you refuse my appeal please send me a popla code. I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not be doing so.

    Yours etc

    This will probably be refused but once you get the Popla code all is well. A Popla appeal such as http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter will win.

    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=59867667&postcount=2 show the winning points at Popla. Again i stress that mitigation is hopeless and irrelevant.



    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


    No announcement yet.

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm