• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CRA 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRA 2015

I'll make this as short as poss. I bought a car from a motor trader. It developed a fault so car returned. Sent back no fault found. The same fault still there. Car returned, no fault found but mechanic at their workshop found it, fixed. Got car back. A few days later a major engine fault, car returned. I requested a full refund & it was well within 30 days. I was offered £4800 instead of £5099
    ​​​​​The contract suggests if you don't sign, you are stuck with the car.
    legalsolutions4u said the contract has been signed by both parties. My signature is the only one. The other has T.T. which is not a signature
    The motor trader will always deny or refuse you your rights under the CRA 2015. LS4U say I signed a contract not to slag the trader off even though there is only one signature and they refused or denied my CRA 2015 rights. Am I correct pursing this through the courts to get my full refund. Citizens Advice have been helping me. They said the contract invalid.

All response is grateful. Thanks
    Tags: None

What is the deduction for?

How did you pay for the car?

Comment

Knowing your experience of Car XXXXXXXX, and the fact if you can afford to lose the £299 take the refund, but try and get him/her to increase the return payment, as taking this to Court will be a gamble, as they will avoid paying

Comment

"legalsolutions4u" do not advise consumers, but sell themselves as legal advisers to the motor trade: https://www.legalsolutions4u.co.uk/
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by diecastdave View Post
          I'll make this as short as poss. I bought a car from a motor trader. It developed a fault so car returned. Sent back no fault found. The same fault still there. Car returned, no fault found but mechanic at their workshop found it, fixed. Got car back. A few days later a major engine fault, car returned. I requested a full refund & it was well within 30 days. I was offered £4800 instead of £5099
          ​​​​​The contract suggests if you don't sign, you are stuck with the car.
          legalsolutions4u said the contract has been signed by both parties. My signature is the only one. The other has T.T. which is not a signature
          The motor trader will always deny or refuse you your rights under the CRA 2015. LS4U say I signed a contract not to slag the trader off even though there is only one signature and they refused or denied my CRA 2015 rights. Am I correct pursing this through the courts to get my full refund. Citizens Advice have been helping me. They said the contract invalid.

All response is grateful. Thanks
          Good morning dear member

The deduction was £99 for brake discs and pads fitted even though I have an email saying no cost to me.
          £200 for mileage used @ 45p per mile. The little mileage I did totalled £124.65p. Jeff who dealt with my complaints said the £4800 is final & not up for discussion even though he knew the CRA 2015 has been broken because the vehicle was still within 30 days. Citizens Advice said the trader can not make deductions under the 30 day ruling and the CRA 2015 has been broken.
          To get a refund you have to hand back the car/keys/docs then sign a contract saying you won't defame the company/hold them responsible. If you don't sign, you don't get the refund and you are stuck with the car.
          The car was paid for by a Brother who paid by bank transfer. £4800 went back into his bank account. Because I am/was the owner I'm responsible for the Q's and A's regarding the trader. This came from Citizens Advice.
          They said the contract is not a contract & my CRA 2015 rights have been refused by the trader.

legalsolutions4u have the trader as a client and sent me a number of emails. They said the contract is legally binding and has been signed by both parties. It has just my signature dated 15/07/2024
          The other just has T.T. and has been pre dated 16/07/24 which is illegal.
          I have all emails sent and and received. legalsolutions4u have urged me to seek legal advice. They don't want me to go to court, especially when they didn't turn up on a case. They are not solicitors and only use what legal practice they know. It belongs to 2 people, one is Sophie Chalke T/A & Malcolm Graham who was struck off the SRA and also, the courts banned him from directorship. legalsolutions said they are not a company.

All help is gratefully appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X