• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

31 days to return a faulty vehicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31 days to return a faulty vehicle

Hi members. I gave a trader 31 days to refund £5,000 cash paid for a car plus £99 extended warranty paid for my Brother. it was delivered that night. I parked it up & found the brakes or what sounded was the brake pads grinding. The car was sent back. I received it 2 or 3 days later. The problem was still there. The car was sent back. Days later it was returned. An email states that the M.O.T. garage never found the fault on both occasions so they themselves had a look back at their garage & found the plate behind the disc was the problem. They admitted they didn't do anything the 1st time.
    The car was returned but was driven up from leicester to Nottingham 29 miles distance.
    When the driver left in a following car, I went to move the car from blocking neighbours. As soon as the engine started there was a noise. I thought no more about it but 3 days later, it got worse. I sent a video of the car to the company but got no reply. I had an inspection done & the result was a stretched chain. I gave the garage staff 2 days to collect the car and a further 1 day to refund £5099 in full. I had no reply until today when the 3 days were up. Coincidence?
    I've been offered £4800 Being told £99 is to recover the cost of the pads & discs. Another £200 deducted for mileage usage at 45p per mile but, calculations show the sum is £124.35p
    The way the email is written purports to me being blamed for the faults. I was told there is no discussion over this offer but I beg to differ. Am I correct or do I just take the £4800 and run?

All replies welcomed

Tags: None

In my opinion you should take the £4800. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
    You could consider making a court claim for £299, provided you don't agree to £4.8k being the full and final settlement
    Try arguing over the mileage deduction first. If you succeed the £299 loss will be reduced

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X