• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car repairs and chargeback/ S75 claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car repairs and chargeback/ S75 claim

I recently had a new engine fitted to my car by a main BMW dealership but when I picked it up earlier this month it had a number of issues. The engine was provided by BMW as a goodwill offer but I was required to pay a labour charge to fit the engine of just under 7k.

I was told the car had passed quality control checks and test driven five times but they missed a number of problems, some serious and some less so. The car has also developed another fault with the sos calling system which was not present before I took it to them.

I paid for the repair costs using my credit card so my question is can I chargeback any of the payment back from BMW due to negligence?
    Tags: None

Yes, you have paid by Credit Card, so you can make a Section 75 claim.

Write a concise summary of the faults that has occurred and any that have been missed.

The best way to make a Section 75 claim is in writing. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...edit-provider/

Update when you get a response.

Comment

You should contact the dealership first to see if they will fix the car's faults. Your credit card provider will want you to try this first. If the dealership refuses make sure you get their refusal in writing

Comment

Is it usually a requirement for me to allow the garage to rectify the problems before I open a claim? They did send a technician out to fix a couple of the minor issues, but I’ve had to take it back to the dealer for the rest of the problems to be looked at.

The most serious issue is a loud screeching noise coming from the engine when under load but they can’t find the cause. Also the sos call system fault they have failed to fix after two attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by icmad View Post
          Is it usually a requirement for me to allow the garage to rectify the problems before I open a claim? They did send a technician out to fix a couple of the minor issues, but I’ve had to take it back to the dealer for the rest of the problems to be looked at.

The most serious issue is a loud screeching noise coming from the engine when under load but they can’t find the cause. Also the sos call system fault they have failed to fix after two attempts.
          You can't keep taking it back to the garage, lodge a Section 75 claim.

Comment

Ok thank you for the advice I will open a claim. The dealership have been totally useless and incompetent and they are a two hour round trip so I have to take half a day off work which is not ideal.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X