• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim Form for Private Parking Ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim Form for Private Parking Ticket

Hi All,

I received a court claim form last month, unfortunately I have very limited time to respond to it now, wish i'd discovered this forum earlier. Think I’ve filed an acknowledgement of service form and could do with some help on a defence and prospects of a counter-claim.

I parked at a grocery shop and there is a clear sign on the front which says free parking at rear, have an image from around the time to verify this too. There are two pay and display machines in the car park at the rear of which only one was functional, I did purchase a ticket to be safe but then required another as I stayed longer than envisaged, covid restrictions were in place at the time and everything was just moving slower.

I’ve bought a second ticket at the same time the penalty charge has been issued, so it’s purchased but not on display at the point the penalty charge has been issued as I’m walking back from the machine to the car.

What’s the best legals argument(s) to defend myself in court and what are the my chances on a counter-claim? I’ve spent ages trying to appeal this through both the companies own process and then this court process.

Particulars of Claim:
    The driver and/or registered keeper of vehicle registration X incurred the parking charge (‘charge?) on the Relevant Land at X for ‘Exceeded Time?. The charge was incurred as the terms of the contract (the ‘Sign?) were breached and it is stated on the contract that should there be a breach, a parking charge will be incurred to the sum of a £100.00, subject to discount for prompt payment. The Claimant seeks recovery of the sum due under the Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 S56 Schedule 4. The parking charge was issues at X on XX/XX/20 under the notice reference of X. The amount claimed is for the contractually agreed sum of £100.00, Debt damage costs of £60, plus Court fees.
    Tags: None

When is your defence due to be filed?

Can you post up a picture of the signage?

There is a template somewhere that should suit your position
    I'll look it out and post up later

What would you be counterclaiming?

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. My defence needs to be filed tomorrow though I would like to get done tonight. I will DM you a picture of the signange as I did read a sticky post about being careful of sharing particulars of a case on the forums.

I want to counterclaim for the stress this has caused and the time taken to defend it when it feels quite obvious to me they should have accepted my original appeal.

Comment

I don't seem to be able to DM you unfortunately can you initiate and then I can send a message back?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X