• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cou-Court Claim Form?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cou-Court Claim Form?

Any advice would be appreciated,
    I see some people have had some success in cases involving private parking companies.
    Like others I read many such companies (unlike council or gov) if ignored don't normally take things to court.
    My fine was recieved for a limited stay "free car park") at a local retail park "for being just over the line into the next parking space". I realise I should have been more careful and I'm sure there may be a sign somewhere warning people to be careful. But given I've always been aware it was a limited stay free car park, I didn't seek out and read any notices there might be.
    It was a Thursday, about mid-day and there were many unused parking spaces. Although I don't owner of the car I was the driver picking up some shopping for my partner.
    Of course, the many pestering letters were addressed to her. I stupidly convinced her to ignore these letters. Now she's recieved this County Court Claim Form
    I suffer from chronic long term depression and have not been able to gain work due to this for many years. Given this I am ashamed to admit I am totally dependent on my partner and have no income or benefit of my own.
    I'm not sure what to do regarding the CCCF as I can't pay anything and it seems unfair that my partner should pay given she was at work when I was using the car.
    The PoS are:
    The Claim is for unpaid parking and collection charges for parking in a private car park managed by the Claimant.
    The Defendent contraviened the Claiments displayed terms and conditions in the car park located at ..................address......................... .....
    The breach occurred on 22-11-10 and for which car Parking Charges Notice were issued.
    The Defendent is the Driver and/or Hirer and/or Owner of the vehicle with RegistrationNumber XXXXXXX to which the parking charges relate.
    The Claiment claims
    1. The sum of £170.00 GBP for monies relating to the parking charge/s as set out above.
    2. Interest in the sum of 12.56 GBP pursuant to s69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% p.a. from 08/12/22 to date, or such other rate as the court deems fit.
    3. Interest hereon in at the same rate until judgement or sooner payment at the daily rate of 0.04 GBP.
    Any advice is much appreciated?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X