• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt Collection before Complaint Resolved?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt Collection before Complaint Resolved?

Hello, I would appreciate if anyone is able to answer a question I have after receiving a PCN from UK Parking Control Ltd.

My question is - is the parking company allowed to sell the debt before the complaint has been resolved? This is what has transpired.

Background:

I parked in one of their car parks for the first time ever and did not spot the signs as they are positioned very high up - way above head height. I stayed over the max stay period - completely unaware that there was one, not having seen the signs. I did not see the sign at the entrance. I'm not entirely sure why but from memory, it's a smallish sign positioned on the exit side of the access road in and out, and a large van was leaving as I was arriving and this probably obscured the sign.

When I received the PCN in the post, it was the first I was aware of the issue. I raised a complaint - after revisiting the car park and taking photos of the signs. The message on the signs is also unclear.

A week after I wrote in with my complaint, the debt collection company raised their letter to me.

It does not seem right that UKPC would be allowed to sell the debt whilst there is an open complaint with them?

Thank you if anyone can advise.

Grace
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X