• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Speeding - Camera van- No signs - No visible lamp posts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding - Camera van- No signs - No visible lamp posts

I was in what I believed was a 40mph limit - there were no signs indicating it was a 30 nor were there visible lamp posts as they were obscured by trees and only visible in the other direction.
    I didn't see the 30mph sign as there had been a crash where they should've been which I didn't realise at the time and only discovered when I went on foot along the stretch of road in question. I was caught by a van postioned at the end of the road on a bend, once past that van even though there are no 30mph signs there are clearly plenty of new shiny lampposts as it is an approach to a small village with new developments.
    Is there any way I can get access to accident reports in the area that police attend despite the fact I have pictures with fencing in the field and new posts and signage only went up a few weeks ago....
    Tags: None

What made you believe the limit was 40mph?

Have you actually received a Notice of Intended Prosecution (and a "Section 172" request for driver's details)?

Comment

I was driving in a 40mph that was clearly marked and had been for several miles - I continued driving on a stretch that apparently was now a 30mph but there were no signs saying it had changed to a 30mph because they were not there!!!

Comment

You haven't answered the important question, have you actually received a Notice of Intended Prosecution (and a "Section 172" request for driver's details)?

And the other important question, what date did this happen on? Because police have 14 days from the date of the speeding offence to issue the NIP and, as long as you weren't involved in an accident, they generally can't prosecute if they haven't issued the NIP in time.

https://www.gov.uk/speeding-penalties
        All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Yes I received the NIP - and in time

Comment

On a long ago speed awareness course I was told the default was 30 in built up areas unless there were signs to the contrary. You can choose to go to court and present your evidence to the mags...but you will have to have pictures and detail etc.

Comment

I meant to ask this earlier, why do you want to get access to accident reports in the area that police attend? Maybe I'm missing the point, but how would that help you defend the speeding charge?
              All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

I think the OP is saying he did not see the signs due to police attending a crash where they should have been located - but I may be wrong!

Comment

Ah, thanks islandgirl, yes I see what you mean now. Just me being a bit dim today!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X