• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Offer of retraining scheme or conditional offer of fixed penalty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offer of retraining scheme or conditional offer of fixed penalty

Hi guys,

I have a quick one here, because I am not sure I understand clearly my options, so can you help me and explain to me what the three options in the photo are about, please?

Also I am not sure where how and where to check if there is a proof or something... On the top of the letter I see "our Ref" and "PIN no" but how and where to use it, doesn't say..

Thanks for your time
    Tags: None

What do you not understand.

I. Do a course.
    Or
    2. Pay a fine.
    OR
    3 Take it to court. where if you lose it will cost you more.

What do they say you have done to get this offer.

Comment

Careless Driving.

Also I am not sure where how and where to check if there is a proof or something...
      If you want "proof or something" you will have to decline (or ignore) options 1 and 2. Option 3 will then kick in by default and you will face prosecution in court. Before you enter a plea you will be served with the evidence the police intend to rely on to convict you. The idea of the "out-of-court" offers of a course or a fixed penalty is that you accept the allegation (that you drove without due care and attention) unconditionally and without any evidence being provided.

Comment

Originally posted by paulajayne View Post
        What do you not understand.

I. Do a course.
        Or
        2. Pay a fine.
        OR
        3 Take it to court. where if you lose it will cost you more.

Agh, sorry what wasn't clear to me was the second option.

Is it just the fine of 100 pounds?

Because I see I have to provide the driving license details(which they have already?), I thought they would also give me points.

Thanks.

Comment

Is it just the fine of 100 pounds?
          A fixed penalty for speeding is £100 and three points. One of the conditions of the "Conditional Offer" that the letter mentions is that you provide your driving licence details. You will have to do this formally even if you have already done so when responding to the "request for driver's details". Until November 30th last year you had to physically submit your driving licence but that is no longer so for offences committed after that date.

Comment

Originally posted by HandyAndy View Post

A fixed penalty for speeding is £100 and three points. One of the conditions of the "Conditional Offer" that the letter mentions is that you provide your driving licence details. You will have to do this formally even if you have already done so when responding to the "request for driver's details". Until November 30th last year you had to physically submit your driving licence but that is no longer so for offences committed after that date.
            Actually, they stopped me for running a red traffic light. Then they showed me a video which had terrible resolution; they were about 6-7 cars behind me. While watching, I didn't see myself passing through the red light and literally told them, "See, it's not red." Then, he changed his mind and started talking about how I changed lanes and that it was dangerous. He asked me what would have happened if a bike was in the lane. Anyway, I don't want to deal with them, and if option 2 comes with points, I will have to choose the course, and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by beBoss View Post

I will have to choose the course, and that's it.
              Pay for course and no fine or points.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X