• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Warranty won’t cover my broken car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty won’t cover my broken car

Hello,

im looking some advice, I purchased a second hand car 8 weeks ago from a local dealership, it has full service history.
    it keeps loosing coolant very quick, I contacted the warranty company and had it diagnosed as they asked. The mechanic contacted the warranty company and advised them that it was the water pump (which states in the warranty booklet that is covered under warranty) the mechanic told the warranty company that the timing belt and water pump come as a kit and told them the full cost for the job. The warranty company have now came back and said that they aren’t liable to cover the cost, they told the dealership this and the dealer has offered to reimburse me 50% of the cost after the work has been carried out. What should I do? The mechanic advised the warranty company that the work should’ve been carried out by the dealer before selling as the timing belt and water pump kit had never been replaced according to the service history booklet (as they should be after 60k miles and 120k miles and my car currently has 115k miles). So disappointed as I bought the car purposely from a dealership so I could be confident that there would be no issues.
    Tags: None

Oh dear, you thought all dealers were honest!

Depends what outcome you want, but assuming you just want the vehicle repaired you need to WRITE (first class with free certificate of posting from PO) to dealer, outline the problem and tell them you expect them to put the matter right.
    This means he should do so within a reasonable period of time with no inconvenience to you.
    He is responsible for all costs ((including in particular the cost of any labour, materials & collection/delivery)

If he doesn't agree, or fails to do so, you then reject the vehicle and seek a refund (which will be less an amount for usage) plus any damages.

These are your options under the Consumer Rights Act 2015

Or you might be able to reject if the car was misrepresented (full servicehistory questionable)

Comment

Thank you for your reply, I’ll do this and see what comes of it!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X