• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dealer ignoring consumer rights act

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer ignoring consumer rights act

Hello

New here and would really appreciate some help.

Long story short I bought a car in October 2021 and in March 2022 it became clear the car has issues. I took it to the main dealer (Mazda) as the red master light came on and turns out there are lots of issues - main one being that there are missing parts on the engine and parts have been incorrectly fitted so they could be major damage to it. As I’ve had the car less than six months I know that I have the right to repair from the dealer I bought from. I have contacted them and sent all correspondence from Mazda (who have been really helpful) to show all of the issues with the car.

We’ve been told that the car is not safe to drive so has been sat with Mazda for the last two weeks. Not ideal at all.

The dealer has not responded at all via email and I finally got them on the phone and they were typically intimidating saying I had no rights. Saving grace is that they are part of the AA dealer promise so I have been in contact with the AA and they are going to try to mediate and resolve the situation, trying for a repair. I’m not sure how that will work as AA have said that they cannot guarantee a result for me. But also I paid for part of the car on credit card so I am wondering if I have any rights with this. If the dealer are not following the consumers rights act do I have any claim on the credit card?

thank you for your help!

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X