• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking ticket (Premier Park)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking ticket (Premier Park)

Hi everyone, just looking for some advice.

The driver dropped someone off in the car park of a venue (car park is owned by Premier Park) and promptly left shortly after. The driver had seen reviews of people being charged X amount even after buying a parking ticket so didn't want to risk sticking around and went to park elsewhere. They've now received a letter for a parking fine. The letter includes images of the car entering and exiting the car park however it conveniently doesn't include images of the other times it entered and left. After leaving the car park when the driver had dropped them off, they went to a local garage to refuel and then parked outside of a shopping centre. So far, both locations haven't been able to provide assistance with with any evidence to say that the car was there, and it needs to be appealed asap. The driver didn't have the location turned on on their phone unfortunately so can't use that as proof. This is causing a serious amount of stress. Any advice regarding this matter would be very much appreciated!

Last edited by tofubear67; 9th March 2022, 14:50:PM.
    Tags: None

Edit so that the identity of the driver cannot be deduced. The drivers drove, the keeper received the letter.

So have you got a receipt for the fuel?

So you write to them and tell them that this was that this was a double dip, a well known fault with ANPR systems in general. The vehicle was dropping off in the venue and then picking up sometime later. They seem to have lost, or are disregarding, the images of the first exit and the second entrance.

As keeper of the vehicle you have no liability for this matter and you do not expect to hear from them again.

Before you send post up the PCN suitably redacted but leave dates.

Will the venue not take action?

Comment

I have got the receipt for fuel thankfully but am worried that it won't be enough proof, I was hoping that they could provide an image showing the car there but they haven't responded yet. I wasn't aware of the fault with the ANPR systems but that's good to know! I don't have access to the letter at the moment but will post it as soon as I can. I am going to be communicating with the venue later on to see if they can help at all but I'm not sure how it'll go as I reckon they will simply say that the car park is nothing to do with them.
      Last edited by tofubear67; 9th March 2022, 14:54:PM.

Comment

It's worth a try with the venue. If no response then entries on their social media pages sometimes helps.

Your receipt is sufficient to substantiate your story that the car was elsewhere at the time.

Please don't keep quoting other posts. That makes two posts you have to edit, unless you delete the quote.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X