• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on collision with a badly parked lorry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on collision with a badly parked lorry

Dear Forum,

Could anyone advise me on this matter please?

I was driving along when I encountered a lorry parked at an angle with its back end well away from the kerb pretty much in the middle of the road, with no hazards on or anything. I overtook the lorry and thought nothing more of it.

On returning home I was horrified to find both my car doors on the passengers side deeply scraped, and dashcam footage shows my car catching the protruding corner of the van as I tried to drive around it.

Here is a picture of the lorry as I encountered it: Click Here

I am contacting the delivery company who own the van, but could anyone please put my mind at rest and advise me as to who is likely in the wrong here? I know usually it is the driver of the moving vehicle who is liable but this van was parked terribly, well away from the kerb and a deceptively dangerous angle. Also no hazards or anything as I said.

Thanks very much!
    Tags: None

Think probably you are liable

Comment

Hope you didn't damage the corner of that truck ..... they might be claiming against you for any damage if you have written to them

Comment

You are responsible for ensuring every manoeuvre you make in your vehicle is safe regardless of what hazards you encounter on the road. If you can’t safely drive pass an obstruction on the road you stop and wait until you can .You are responsible I’m afraid as you passed a stationary vehicle and failed to ensure you had left an appropriate gap between you and the third parties vehicle . If that vehicle was broken down or had stopped due to a hazard in front of it would you say it was there fault or yours.

Comment

Ok thanks very much, I suspected as much but the lorry's parking was terrible so thought I'd check.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X