• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Used Van

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Van

Good morning.

i have purchased a vehicle from a dealer at the end of july.

it is 2017 peugeot van with 100k miles on clock.
    Last week it has broken down on motorway - timing belt snapped, probably engine damage with huge repair costs.
    I have 3 months warranty or 3k miles whatever comes first, I exceeded the 3k miles as done around 5k by now.
    There is no service history, just one done by the above dealer and mot done also by him.
    Am I right thinking he should have changed the timing belt before selling the car so the car is in roadworthy condition etc?
    I doubt about the service and mot apparently done by him, the van is 3 seater and middle seatbelt is not working - that would not pass a real MOT for sure.

Its just over 2 months since buying the van, and it is just 4 years old.

Can anyone shed any light on this matter, please?

Tags: None

dependant on mileage done on old timing belt, there are recommendations of mileage change advice, after 3 months onus falls on buyer,

​​​​​​
    Manufacturers will usually recommend to replace your timing belt after a set number of years or miles. This could be anywhere from 40,000 to 100,000 miles or 4+ years.

Comment

Thank you for your answer.

peugeot on this model advise is 120k miles, it snapped at 105k miles.

Comment

As you mentioned after 3 months responsibility falls on the buyer. It is not 3 months yet, do i stand any chance reclaiming some of the costs from the dealer if I exceeded the 3k miles warranty provided by him?

Comment

approach seller and see what they state, (they may even offer part cost?) just my thoughts

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X