• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New car rejection rights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car rejection rights

Hi all,

Was wondering if any consumer rights experts could help me out about what I can and can’t do with respect to rejecting a car.

I recently took delivery of a new car on PCP finance.

The next day I heard some noises from the steering. Easily reproducible. I took it to a local dealer to have a quick look and was informed most likely a faulty steering motor.

Along with some other more minor issues this frustrated me so much I impulsively sent an email to the selling dealer rejecting the car as faulty. I haven’t driven it since.

My main worry was that something so serious as a steering fault in a new car would never be put together again by any dealer resulting in further issues with the car down the road.

The selling dealer is quite far away from me. The car was ordered over the phone. They have been really great and have said my rejection has been submitted and they would be in touch within a week.

I’m having second thoughts now though as I think I was too hasty.

If I withdraw the rejection and give them a chance to fix it, even though I’m within the 30 days before purchase, do I then have the right to reject again if the issue doesn’t get fixed or surfaces at a later date? Or do I lose my right by withdrawing this rejection? What happens if the fix generates new issues such as rattling parts or trim etc.?

The car is on PCP and I haven’t actually told the finance company anything yet so is the car technically even rejected?

Because the selling dealer is so far away, what are my rights if I go to a local dealer to try to fix the issue under warranty? If the issue remains, do I still have the right to reject? What happens if the local dealer fixes the issue but creates a new one? I guess then I’m stuck with a claim against the local dealer only?

Sorry for all the questions but hoping someone can help out and let me know what I can and can’t do through this process.

Thank you in advance!
    Tags: None

Hi Dispcent

As you say, a new car, with a fault, sometimes these faults tend to reappear. I think if your initial reaction is 'rejecting' the car, stick with it.

You want to have confidence and peace of mind with a new car. Here's some more info:

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/tips-a...ghts-explained

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X