• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Used car sale problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used car sale problem

I purchased a £19,000 car and after 25 days the a/c failed and it cost £1200 to repair. The dealer said Warrantywise would cover it under the policy that came with the car. When I tried to get Warrantywise to pay they said it wasn’t covered because it happened before the 30 day limit in the policy. In other words although I have a warranty on
    the car it is worthless for the first 30 days. I am telling the dealer that it is his responsibility then. What can I do to make the dealer pay?
    Tags: None

Hi Whitebeach

They should definitely repair it under the Consumer Rights Act.

Keep all communications with the Dealer in writing.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content...-you-buy-a-car

They'll be a template at the end once you've answered the questions.

Comment

I have already had it repaired and paid for it because I was assuming the warranty co was going to refund me.

Comment

Sorry didn’t see any questions on the link

Comment

Originally posted by Whitebeach View Post
          Sorry didn’t see any questions on the link
          So your saying the Dealer mislead you (Warrantywise, 30 days exclusion), the car has been repaired and you paid for the repair, that you now want the dealer to pay for the repair, is that correct?

How did you pay for the repair? when did you make the payment?

Comment

Wether the dealer knew that Warrantywise wouldn’t pay because of the 30 day clause I don’t know. Yes I have paid for the repair. This is how Warrantywise works you pay the repairer and they pay you.

Comment

Paid by credit card after the repair was done

Comment

sounds that warranty care kicks in after the regulated 30 days dealer responsibility which sounds logical, if dealer will not refund repair (hopefully you have it on records of requesting the car be repaired OR mentioned to them that the car was not fit for purpose and a full refund requested)???

​​​​​​You have a right to reject something faulty and you are entitled to a full refund within 30 days of purchase in most cases. After 30 days you lose the short-term right to reject the goods. Your rights if something is wrong with your car - Money Advice . (Thanks to money advice service for info)

Comment

Originally posted by Whitebeach View Post
                  Paid by credit card after the repair was done
                  a) When was the repair carried out?

b) who carried out the repair?

c) How did you pay for the car from the Dealer?
                  Last edited by echat11; 2nd July 2021, 08:01:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X