• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car dealer refusing to refund us after many faults with new car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car dealer refusing to refund us after many faults with new car

Hi, I am new to this forum. Currently having major issues with a local car dealer. My wife and I brought a car from him 12 days ago, less than 24 hours after we got it it refused to start. He reluctantly and rudely took it away to be 'fixed'. Upon return the car came back with a cracked bumper, this wasn't there when we brought it, foolishly we didn't take photos of the car after we brought it, he deleted the sales post and refuses to share the pictures with us. 6 days later, on the morning of my youngest daughters cardiology appointment the car wouldn't start again! This time he didnt get back to us to many hours later. Again he collected the car to fix it at the garage he uses. This time the car has been returned with a massive scratch across the drivers side door! Also when we purchased the car it was described as having a heated windscreen - which it doesn't so it isn't as described. Having a young family we have lost all trust in the car and in the dealer and have requested our right to reject to recoup our money he isn't replying to any messages. Any advice very gratefully recieved
    Tags: None

So you write to him telling him that you are rejecting the car under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 under 2 counts: not of merchantable quality and not as described. He does not have a right to repair within the first 30 days. Give him 14 days to respond.

There is a "go back" app or website that will possibly take you to web pages that have been deleted. Someone else may be able to expand on this.

Any letters then first class post with free certificate of posting from a post office. Signed for may be rejected as he suspects it will be trouble

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      So you write to him telling him that you are rejecting the car under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 under 2 counts: not of merchantable quality and not as described. He does not have a right to repair within the first 30 days. Give him 14 days to respond.

There is a "go back" app or website that will possibly take you to web pages that have been deleted. Someone else may be able to expand on this.

Any letters then first class post with free certificate of posting from a post office. Signed for may be rejected as he suspects it will be trouble
      Thank you so much for this! Will follow all of the steps you have mentioned. I don't expect to get a response from him as he is very unapproachable but am hoping that stating our rights and the mention of potentially pursuing it further may help resolve this. Thank you again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X