• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

AdBlue removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AdBlue removal

Hi,
    I have just bought a car on 13th January, My husband noticed the engine management light on the car before he purchased. The dealership said it was a AdBlue sensor.
    They took 2 hours then informed my husband they had replaced the sensor. I’ve since had it at a Mercedes dealership and it seems they have programmed the AdBlue system out of the car and disabled the SCR system.
    Is it legal to sell me a car with this being done, and not informing me?
    Tags: None

In my opinion, yes. It is totally reprehensible and they have misrepresented the position by deliberate fraudulent practice.
    I would ask for a written report from Mercedes. Tell the dealer you are aware of what appears to be sharp practice and how do they intend to compensate you. I am furious reading about it.

Comment

I understand that if the tester discovers the SCR system is disabled a vehicle will fail its MoT

Comment

Thank you. This is t the first issue. The car had obviously been in a bump prior to me buying it and not repaired correctly. A misaligned number has caused water to leak into the sensors requiring new wiring looms and new sensors. I paid £21,800 for the car on 13th January 2021.
        I have so far spent £2962.67 on the car with the repairs and I also needed 4 new tyres as they had taken the wheels off and put them on the opposite sides of the vehicle so the tread didn’t look worn.
        They have had 2 formal letters from me and now I would like to send a letter before action.
        The last letter I received stated that they would offer me a full refund minus 45p per mile that I had done. Hardly fair when I’ve already spent almost £3k on it.
        I want the SCR system to be programmed back in and I would love to keep the car, but obviously I want the dealership to pay for this.
        Any advice please?

Comment

How was the vehicle purchased? cash/credit card/finance

If on finance you should be dealing with the finance house, and advise them of all that has happened

The traders requirement of 45p per mile is laughable...it should be around 15p, and I have seen as low as 9p per mile!

In any event you are wanting to keep the car and so are requesting it be brought up to a satisfactory condition.
          I doubt you would want the original trader to do it as his previous conduct has caused you to lose all trust and confidence in him.
          So you tell the financiers (if on finance) you are agreeable to them funding the works or a price reduction

Comment

The car was purchased on debit card. I have written my 3rd and final letter with all receipts and I am awaiting their response.
            I still need to pay for the SCR AdBlue system programmed back in.

Comment

Hi all... in need of some advice please.
              I’ve wrote my final letter and the company I bought the car off are refusing to pay for any repairs that I have had. They are also refusing to pay for the Ad-Blue/SCR system promgrammed back in and said they will do that themselves if I take it to them. The problem I have is that I don’t trust them. They programmed this system out of the car in the first place so the engine management light went out as it was probably a NOx sensor that had gone. Then sold me it in this state, informing us that they had replaced an Ad-Blue sensor.
              ive spent almost £3k to get the car roadworthy so far.
              Do I try and take this to a small claims court now? The company are flat out refusing to pay and I don’t want them anywhere near my car.

Comment

Have you warned them that you are going to initiate court action?

Comment

Yes. I wrote my 3rd letter to their solicitors on the 02/03/3021and posted all of the receipts and findings. I offered to go through ADR. I then stated that if I don’t hear from them I would commence court action. They have refused any money and said that they will look into the Ad-Blue/SCR system if I arrange to take it back to them. Being that they programmed this out, I have no trust in them to program it back in.

Comment

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Comment

Ok then, no reason not to initiate court claim.
                      We can help with the forms

Here's a guide to litigation you might find useful https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...+web+FINAL.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X