• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car garage nightmare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car garage nightmare

Hi, I’m hoping I can get some good advise on here.

We have a Nissan van 13 plate which developed a fault.

We took this van to a Nissan van for diagnosis and repair around 8 weeks ago.

The fault came back as a faulty pipe, which the garage resolved. On journey home, the same fault appeared. Back to garage, apparently the pipe wasn’t fitted correctly. Another 15 miles later same fault. This time a new injector and regen required. To this point we have now spent in excess of £700.

Pick van up, same fault appeared. By this point, we are quite annoyed. Husband called garage up. Our reply was take the van out for around 100 miles and see if it settles. Husbands reply was, not a chance. The warning light on dash board has now gone from Amber to red.

After many failed call backs, the garage agreed to come and take our van away.

But... the technician goes off sick on our pick up day!

A valeter from garage turns up to drive van to garage. Husband reminds him that the van is not roadworthy. Valeter insists it’s ok.

Later in the day we get told that the booster has now flooded along with another injector gone and need another regen, to the cost of around £1000.

We feel totally cheated and feel that the garage should actually pay the bill, given all the above.

I’m hoping someone on here can give us sound and reasonable advise.

We are truly gutted as we thought by going to the correct garage things would get fixed quicker.

Please help. *♀️
    Tags: None

I know it is only the first day and people contribute on a voluntary basis.

I strongly recommended this site, based on what I've seen, to OP.

There are knowledgeable people posting and I hope they will help.

It seems to me the garage have been poor. Driving a car with red light on is appalling and are not accepting responsibility. I hope there is a legal solution to remedy the situation.

Comment

Thank you for your help.
      I just hope we can find a solution soon.

Comment

First question: is the van use within the course of business activities?

Second question Can you give more detailed description of the fault(s) please?
        Amber and red lights warning what? engine/brakes/

Third question What model Nissan?

Comment

Hi. This is a personal use van.

The lights originally were amber and went into limp mode.
          after the last lot of work was done, the light was red, both engine warnings.
          first fault was DPF, second was a pipe incorrectly fitted.
          Third fault injector requiring regen.
          last fault after Nissan staff drive the van to garage, at least one more injector gone, booster? flooded and requires another regen because of this. We have not agreed on this work as in dispute.
          The van is a Nissan NV200

Thank you

Comment

Don't recognise "booster flooded".
            Boosters are found in braking systems and that won't affect the engine.
            In the absence of a written diagnosis I wonder if you have a clogged fuel rail.
            This will lead to reduced fuel pressure, causing injector burn out and clogged DPF (hence needs another regen)
            Did they do a fuel pressure test when they replaced the first injector? this would have shown up failing fuel pump or clogged filter or rail.

Obviously I am speaking without seeing the vehicle, and I might be well off target.
            As you are unhappy ask for a written diagnosis and quote so you can check elsewhere

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X