• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Worried I'll be charged........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried I'll be charged........

2 minutes over Iceland parking

Today, 17:26:PM

Hello, today I shopped in Iceland and paid by £50 note (all i had on me) Had time to get back to the car, However.....cashier couldn't find her "pen" for checking £50 notes. Made me wait at least 5 minutes to find it while she took off around the shop looking for it. I asked her if anyone could help me because it would take me a few minutes to get back to my car and now, thanks to her dallying about the shop looking for her "pen", I was close to my time running out and if someone could help me, I could get back to my car faster. She said no-one was available to help.
    I rushed as quick as i could with my walking stick, struggling back to the car with 2 bags of very heavy shopping, I am registered physically disabled, riddled with arthritis and was in pain.
    When I switched on the engiine, I checked the clock in the car and was 2 minutes over the time. I am very worried that i am going to get a fine from the private car park company in the post- what can i do? It was cashiers fault that i was over the time. There are no contact details for the company on the parking slip. Any advice welcomed.

Tags: None

Just wait and see if they do contact you as the keeper. Do not identify the driver at the time.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I did some digging online and according to BPA (if they're a member- I don't know if they are) they should give 10 minutes grace after time has expired. But will wait and see if they contact me.

Comment

They have 14 days to contact the keeper otherwise they can only claim from the driver, who they do not know and you are not required to tell them the details.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X