• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council PCN - Marston Now Involved

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council PCN - Marston Now Involved

Hi All

I have received a visit from a bailiff at the Marston Group who has clamped my car over the past weekend.

Upon calling the bailiff I was given limited information and had to call up their switchboard to get the info

I was told this stemmed from an alleged contravention at the beginning of the year.

I wrote to them via post and didn't hear nothing back and due to Covid I assumed they were just backlogged and would eventually get back to me.

Which they obviously didn't

I have now been told the debt is close to £600

I have completed the TE7 & TE9 forms which hopefully tomorrow morning would've been processed

I spoke to someone at the TEC team who said the removal of the clamp would be at the discretion of the council

My questions are:

- The car was parked on private land, was it legal for them to clamp it there?
    - As the car is on hire purchase, can it be towed?
    - What if any legal terms could I use to force their hands to take off the clamp at least until my appeal is heard?

I would seriously appreciate some help

This close to Christmas this is the last thing I want to be paying
    Tags: None

Define private land. How do you know that

Comment

There is signage displayed all around the car parking area some bays are for residents and some are for visitors but all signage states "Parking Contract - Please note that this land is privately owned"

Comment

So who actually issued the ticket?

Comment

It was issued by another council borough, I was parked in their on street bay, unloading my vehicle into the office in which I work which is directly in front of the street bay.

Where they have clamped me is located right near my home in a completely different borough but I was on private land when they did so around 6am.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X