• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking fine from may 18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking fine from may 18

Hi all , just received today a letter from DCBL saying I had a parking ticket in May 2018 from CP Plus at Tibshelf services M1, it started I can now no longer appeal as the time has passed for that and apparently they’ve only just managed to trace me to this address where I have lived by the way for 2 years .....
    the letter is dated 5th Nov yet states I age 14 days to pay or the bailiffs will come a knocking..
    thing is looking back through my accounts for that time, yes I was there on that day yet however I was staying at the Days Inn at that services with a group of us technicians, the rooms had been booked by the company we freelance for, ive been sent the confirmation number from that firm, a copy of their payment to days inn for all the rooms and a letter from them stating that I was working for them at the time and that surely I would have had free parking on site as we were hotel guests,
    I think it’s taking the proverbial P waiting all this time and now demanding I pay 170 quid in the next few days,
    Tags: None

DCBL are acting as mere debt collectors and can safely be ignored. It should say similar on the letter.

So when you moved did you change your address on the V5 promptly? What is the date on the V5?

They have agreed that this is the first time they have been able to contact you then you have definitely not received a Notice to Keeper within the relevant period and as the keeper of the car you can have no liability in the matter and deny any debt. They must return the debt to their principaL

SAR to CP Plus to get all the info they have against you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X