• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary caution for adding and abetting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary caution for adding and abetting

Hello I have been ask to voluntary attend an police interview this Saturday for allegations to let step dad drive my 18t skip lorry whilst he is on a ban and no insurance .

I never gave any permission as this vehicle was in a yard with keys in and vehicle got impounded .

I was at home for 3 weeks and didnt know what was happening.

step dad said to me he told them he done it off his own back , but police told me on phone yesterday my step dad said I let him drive it .

so what can I expect .
    my step dad will lie through his teeth to get away with any court / prison .
    so don’t know what to do now or say on Saturday
    plus can’t afford a solicitor.
    thanks in advance lee
    Tags: None

So you tell the police the truth and something to show that you were at home at the tie.

Comment

I understand but my step dad has by the sounds of it told them I let him

He’s on a dd ban
      but even if I tell them at home , for that offence I could be at home and still give him permission on the phone .
      so if he has give a statement against me which is not true how do I deal with that or defend it
      thanks lee

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsy1982 View Post
        I understand but my step dad has by the sounds of it told them I let him

He’s on a dd ban
        but even if I tell them at home , for that offence I could be at home and still give him permission on the phone .
        so if he has give a statement against me which is not true how do I deal with that or defend it
        thanks lee
        Simple: You tell the truth. It's his defence so it's up to him to produce evidence to support it.

The likely offences he is suspected of committing include TWOC, driving whilst disqualified (or may be otherwise in accordance with his licence) and having no proper insurance - all pretty serious stuff so I suggest you keep to the truth and let him deal with his own problems.

And... you are entitled to free and independent legal advice for your interview at the police station so you don't need to pay for a lawyer.

Last edited by Aged William; 23rd October 2020, 07:33:AM.

Comment

Drive while disqualified - serious offence - high fine (or community sentence) and longer ban. As for your interview as above go with a lawyer - no question. Speak to a local firm which does criminal law and explain the situation. Again as above - they have to prove that you agreed. If they have no proof they cannot charge you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X