• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received N1SDT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received N1SDT

I have received a County Court claim form for a parking offence and would like advice on what course of action is best. Details:

The car was parked on shopping centre car park) on 2nd October 2019. The driver did overstay the free limit of 3 hours . However the Notice to Keeper (sent by ES Parking) did not arrive until the 17th October. I took advice from Citizen's Advice and wrote back to the company stating as they were outside the timescale I did not have to pay. They rejected my appeal. I decided to ignore the fine as I felt they were just trying it on and when I heard nothing else for several months I binned all the paperwork.

I am now being asked to pay £238.90 or give my defence. I am concerned that if I defend it that, although I think I am in the right, I will lose and have to pay even more. I am also concerned about my credit rating. But, I despise being bullied by this parking company when I do not believe anyone has been disadvantaged.

Please help
    Last edited by MrMAS; 15th March 2020, 20:45:PM.
    Tags: None

Repost that form after removing the password !!

After a couple of days acknowledge the claim using the details and the password on the form.* Nothing in the defence.* This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to the court.

Post up the redacted PCN received, but leave dates
    Photo of sign would be nice.
    Post up your reply, suitable redacted.
    Has the driver been identified, simple Yes or No.* If not then edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred.* Use "the driver......" etc

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      Repost that form after removing the password !!

After a couple of days acknowledge the claim using the details and the password on the form. Nothing in the defence. This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to the court.

Post up the redacted PCN received, but leave dates
      Photo of sign would be nice.
      Post up your reply, suitable redacted.
      Has the driver been identified, simple Yes or No. If not then edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use "the driver......" etc

Thanks for your reply.

Driver was not identified. I simply wrote something like 'I have taken advice from CAB and as the Notice to Keeper didn't arrive within 14 days I have been advised that you cannot pursue payment'
      Attached Files

Comment

So you comment on the failure to define who they are claiming against - the keeper or the driver

List the POFA fails and that is why they cannot hold you liable.

Comment

Thanks for your help. So can I clarify that where they have said 'the driver of the vehicle' they needed to have identified an individual? Can the judge still decide I am liable? And if so could the costs increase for me?

Comment

No the costs would not increase for you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X