• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received single Justice Procedure Notice.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received single Justice Procedure Notice.

Hi all.
    I am being charged with 2 offences. Speeding (47 in a 40 during average speed camera) However this was my partner who was speeding and not me. I am also charged with failure to give information of the drivers identity, which I am guilty for. Why I did not send it back, I will never know. Anyway, I am a new driver who if i get 6 points, which is the penalty the second charge will bring, will lose my license. I am soon to be a dad to my first, and I need to be able to drive. My partner will be off on maternity and I will need to drive to the school where I work as a teacher. The issue is I don't know how to plead. I am not guilty of the first charge and guilty of the second so I assume I have to plea that way? Has anyone been in magistrates for a similar reason? Am I able to try and get the second penalty reduced through circumstances such as job and partner being pregnant?*
    All advice is welcome.
    Thanks in advance for all your help
    Tags: None

Well looks like you accept you're guilty of the failure to identify the driver charge and have no defence.* Others will know better than me but I don't think there's anything you can do in your situation.* Automatic revocation of a new driver's licence after they hit 6 points is an administrative action by the DVLA and has nothing to do with the courts.* (ie I don't think you can plead exceptional hardship or mitigation etc).

If you get 6 points my understanding is that DVLA will automatically revoke your licence.* You will need to book a theory test and pass your practical again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X