• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rejecting a NEW vehicle due to its problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejecting a NEW vehicle due to its problems

Help!* I bought my new BMW in September 2019 (27th Sept) as cock up with 1st Sept delivery date.* Since then I have had many problems with the car, some sorted, some not.* The main problematic one I am fighting is that within the first 2 weeks of having the car I reported that it didn't drive well.* It is automatic and has a very jerky gear change (intermittent).* Also when driving along at 1500-2000 rpms the rpms for no reason jump up to 3000 even 4000 rpms.* The garage told me to get to 1,000 miles and the car would settle.* It didn't.* They then told me to see how the car went on and usually settles by 2,000 miles.* It was getting very annoying and I told the garage I wanted it sorting out.* They eventually took the car in in mid November and the Technician felt the car doing what I was complaining about and they did a software tweak to the gearbox.* The car was still the same.* I kept complaining to them and they again finally took the car in to the dealership on 4th January (where it remains to this day).* They have put on 378 miles on the car testing it.* Another member of staff experienced the problems and agreed the car wasn't right.* After many tests on BMW computers they finally said there was nothing wrong with my car as fault codes were not showing up, that it was perfectly normal and what what happening with it was called 'Sailing'.* I have proved to them that my car is not 'sailing'.* I have obtained written quotes on what 'sailing' is on a BMW from various mechanics/garages and even another BMW dealership.* I have told them the car is faulty and I don't want it back.* They told me to take it to BMW financial services as that is how the car was financed.* I have done this and am now tooing and froing between them with the dealership constantly telling lies and denying they experienced the problem and denying conversations we had (I have consistently noted everything).* *I wonder if you could tell me, as I reported the faults within the first 30 days can I make them take the car back and claim all the money back I will have lost (the £1,000's in deposit I put down, the PX vehicle I have now lost and all the payments made since end September).
    Tags: None

Following due to a similar issue with a different company

Comment

Iced_Blue please start a new thread of your own stating:
      how purchased ..cash/Finance/credit card???
      When you took delivery
      Outline of problems and when first advised trader
      Traders reaction
      How you would like the matter resolved

Just looked back and seen your earlier thread... will read and get back to you later on that thread

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X