• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VCS Ignoring Landlord Instructions - Claims Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCS Ignoring Landlord Instructions - Claims Court

Good Afternoon

Back in June 2016 I was delivering some cooking equipment to the local Chinese Takeaway, I had just unloaded everything when a VCS mobile patrol arrived and proceeded in putting a PCN (Sorry Invoice) on my windscreen, I tried to explain the situation but the guy was just being arrogant and wouldn't cancel it.

So I ended up getting a few letters from VCS and there bogus law arm BW Legal, after several calls and getting the Take Away owner & his landlord involved the landlord told them several times to cancel the PCN, which in the end they agreed to do so (the did say there was a £40 cancellation Fee but didn't state who should be paying that).* So I thought the matter was resolved, late 2018 I got a couple of letters from a debt collection agency about this, in which VCS added a additional £60 on top of the original £100, as I had already argued this with VCS back in late 2016 I just ignored it and they refer this back to VSC, VSC sent a final letter in regards to this at this point I had enough of going through this several times in 2016.

Now I have just received a court claim form which after going through is charging the original £100 + £60 they added and £25.00 = £185.00, so I intend in putting in a defence as far as I can tell from other threads that VCS are agents of the landlord, so if the Landlord instructs them to cancel the ticket where do I stand with this?

From what I read on another thread I think I have defence grounds on "The Claimant has no standing to bring a case", I will go back to the Landlord/Takeaway owner for a statement if needed.

So far I have acknowledged so far but not entered anything else as I wanted some further advise.

So any advise would be greatly apricated
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X