• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye fine.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking eye fine.

Hello I was hoping someone could help me out as I don't know about my rights.*

We had a letter posted through our door 22/12/19 from our neighbour this letter was from DCBI the letter stated that we had to pay £170* for a parking ticket that had originally been from parking eye. (Dcbi had added on £70)

Now the issue is we they have been sending the letters to the wrong address (parking eye and dcbi) .. the neighbours didn't bother to even tell us they had our mail it's been going on for months apparently.

We checked the v5/dvla and they are all correct we contacted dcbi who wanted proof of our address they've told us parking eye will send out the evidence but us that they won't take off the added £70 and the parking eye won't let us appeal as it's gone past the appeal date*

Please could someone help me out as I don't think they can just add on all charges and take our appeal away when nothing had been sent to us on THEIR error. We don't even know the time/date or car this happend in.*

Thankyou for any advice you may have.*
    Tags: None

I assume this is for a parking charge and I assume you have not had a parking ticket stuck on your windscreen recently ?
    I will put this in simple terms you can understand rather than go into great detail.
    They have to send certain documents to you within a certain time frame or they have no right to make you pay.
    If no ticket was on your windscreen they only have 14 days to send the first one.
    If they have the wrong address it's their fault, the 14 days are well over now.

Tell them Parking Eye have failed to send a notice to keeper as required by schedule 4 of the protection of freedoms act 2012 and as such they have no authority to recover charges from you. Then ignore anything else they do or say.
    Keep all the letters showing the wrong address in case they try and take you to court.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X