• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

END OF CONTRACT VOLUNTARY TERMINATION ENGINE REPLACED. Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• END OF CONTRACT VOLUNTARY TERMINATION ENGINE REPLACED. Help

Hello, I need some advice as it's quite a complicated matter. I bought a car on pcp in December 2016 an ex demo Audi A1. With a capped mileage of 15,000 a year. After the first two years with no problems only going over the mileage slightly as my work circumstances changes and was travelling further. I took my car in for a routine service at Northampton Audi. I was given the keys and all ok just an oil change general check over etc. After driving away a few moments later while on the motor way my whole car stopped. Electrics engine everything stopped. I called for them to come help me which took them over 2 hours and once they finally arrived they have me courtesy car and sent me on my way and said they will call me tommorow. To cut the story short they didn't call me and after 2 days I called them. They tried to tell me the “threads in the oil plug were faulty” and my oil dropped and my whole engine seized. And that they would need to replace the whole engine. Crazy right ? A car that has had NO previous problems and JUST came out of a service and now all of a sudden needs an engine replaced?. After a lot of calls back and forth they said it was going to be done through the warranty... and denied all claims it was there fault. I eventually found out from a mutual friend that an apprentice hadn't replaced the plug properly and that's why the engine seized. So there was 3 weeks of me having a Courtesy car. No compensation no fuel no nothing not a thing. From that moment I lost all confidence in the car I didn't want it anymore I felt unsafe driving it and to be honest I just wanted rid. As I was only 2 years into a 4 year contract handing it back in there words was not an option unless I paid the settlement fee etc. I had my car valued and even then I would be at a huge loss. I tried to dispute all of this and say it wasn't fit for purpose but they shut down all my claims and said I could VT when I've paid over 50% of the contract. Fast forward to now.. just around the 3 year mark I found a new car I wanted and purchased it. I sent a letter to voluntary terminate and they advised there will be a 3 month shortfall of 750 (3 months payment of 236.30). After reading lots of online feeds I thought once the car was handed back they might not claw back for that money (stupid maybe). I arranged for the collection of the car they arrived and they did the inspection few small dinks on the alloys and a small scratch, nothing major, and the total came to 240 to which I refused to sign the document (again after reading reviews) and they took the car and went on the way. Yesterday I received a letter saying end of agreement sum of 752 but it does not state it needs to be paid or when or any other details, simple that that is the end of agreement sum. After calling them and having a very abrupt conversation with Audi finance they weren't much help and was adamant I do need to pay this payment. And also on top I may/will be charged for excess mileage/damages. My question is will I need to pay this end of agreement sum of 752 and also if the excess mileage charge does come through (I did go over by quite a lot 13 thousand miles) (again why I wanted to get rid of the car). But only defence for the mileage is the fact that they have replaced the engine so the mileage on the clock is not what the engine itself has done. Will I need to pay it and will I need to pay the damage charges also? I have advised I will be disputing any further charges but I need advice on the following and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Starts
    14th December 2019 15:00:PM

Legal Beagles

Comment

R0b x

Comment

Hello

The guide below should give you everything you need to know to manage this on your own. You've got two options, pay up or refuse.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...on-your-rights
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

R0b I appreciate your reply thank you x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X