• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN -driver identified yet claim against employer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN -driver identified yet claim against employer?

My employer received a parking charge notice for the vehicle i was driving at the time as it was a company car. They told me i could challenge it which i did with Vehicle Control Services admitting i was the driver and giving my address etc... I appealed through VCS then IAS both rejected i then received 5 or 6 debt collection letters during 2016 which i ignored.
    In June 2019 my employer received a letter before claim which they told me to sort with Elms Legal who had sent it. I contacted Elms Legal* via e mail copying in my employer sent them evidence i was the driver and said it was nothing to do with my employer as i had identified myself as the driver. Elms Legal* through half a dozen emails firstly said they had acted on information from VCS and that is why they contacted my employer, they then said they were having a meeting with their client VCS and would come back to me, came back solicitor off ill will be in touch, solicitor then having another meeting with client. On 19th July i received an e mail from Elms Legal asking for my employer to nominate me (identify me as driver? which i have always said i was) as the person to deal with in this case. My employer as they* (Elms) requested named me as the driver late July and has not heard nothing until the 4th December where they have now received a Court Claim Form N1SDT (04.14) with the county court stamp and crest crown on (i have note seen envelope if this is relevant as document was e-mailed to me) so do not know how authentic it is. I have e-mailed Elms again today proving that i was the driver and they would need to take me to court and am awaiting a response.My worries are my employer will penalise me and somehow make me pay or even sack me? any advise appreciated on this matter* - thank you
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X