• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excess mileage charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excess mileage charge

Hi,
    I entered in to a one year PCP agreement on a brand new Land Rover discovery sport in 2017 with a mileage limit of 8000, any excess mileage was to be charged at 14p per mile. At the time of handing the vehicle back to the finance company I had gone around 3000 miles over the limit. I was sent a notification with a charge of £422.01 (inc VAT) and given a date to pay by? For one reason or another this payment got overlooked and as time moved on as did the vehicle I assumed this charge to have been written off, it had indeed been written off but unknowingly I was left with a default on my credit file which I only recently discovered. I’ve never had any previous bad credit or missed any payments but only now am I beginning to see the affects of this default! I used Land Rover finance on a similar deal for another Land Rover and paid the excess mileage and have since taken out another agreement with them on another car? I spoke to them earlier this year when I found out about the default and raised a complaint to explain the circumstances surrounding the oversight but to no avail? I was happy to pay the charge and any interest but they said it would still remain on file as a satisfied default which is obviously better than a default but I’m trying to get it removed completely? I’m now running out of options and would welcome any advice out there? Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X