• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rejecting the car within 30 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejecting the car within 30 days

Hi everyone! It's been 2 yrs living in the UK and now I am facing the second dispute which I would like to get some advice.

I bought an used car in late September from a garage, after 10 mins drive, I found out the locking system was faulty, then I had to return it to the garage on the same day and they promised to fix it.

They then took 5 days to fix it, and sent the car back to me.

The second night my husband drove the car, it broke down on the motor way, he had to call police for help, and the police called the towing service. Police and the towing guy looked at the car and figured out it was oil leakage. They had to tow the car to the recovery centre.

I had to pay £170 for the towing service that night.

Then I got my breakdown service to tow the car back to the garage (the seller) and I also wrote to the garage using my consumer right to ask for a full refund as this is still within 30 days.

The garage then reply the oil leak was just because there was a hole on the oil pipe and they have managed to fixed it. They feel the car is still under good condition and asked me to take it back.

I replied I am not asking them to fix it and this is the second faulty of the car, I am using my consumer right to reject the car.

I've consulted Consumer advice, they told me I have to offer Alternative Dispute Resolution to the garage before going to the court.

I then have sent email to the garage using the template consumer advice gave me, but the garage still say they feel it is not necessary to go for Alternative Dispute Resolution or refund.

Consumer advice told me I can either go with the Chargeback scheme with the bank, or take this to the court.

I am now confused of which route is better, anyone have had experience on this? Any advice?

Thanks

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X