• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stolen Bus Hit My Car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Bus Hit My Car

Hi All,

Apologies if this is the wrong section, on the 19th of August a stolen bus was driving into the side of my car resulting in the car being written off.

Unfortunatley I am or was only third party fire and theft and effectively my insurance Admiral advised that they were unable to assist, I have referred this to the financial ombudsman to see if they should have assisted more as someone crashed into me but I don’t know if this is a pointless excerise but still feel angry at how they’ve assisted/treated myself.

I have contacted independent lawyers who are trying to chase the bus company’s insurance to claim against them but I received a letter advising that because the person responsible hasn’t been identified/charged (even though we know who was responsible) they have advised they cannot proceed at present.

I am really just looking to see if there is anything else I can do as I am paying for a car that I no longer own, I have been in touch with MIB (motor insurer bureau) who have advised to chase the bus’s insurance at present and advised if any issues to refer back to them.

I have tried to contact the MIB once again but they have advised the claim handler dealing with my case will be in touch when available.

The car has been appraised by an approved body and I have a value in excessive of £2000 for the car, I am lost for what to do next and feel like I am being treated as the criminal as I am as stated earlier paying for something I no longer own.

if anyone has any information or can assist I would be truly greatful.

Thanks

Paul
    Tags: None

i can't imagine the bus company insurers meeting your claim, (altho' some insurers would if it involved personal injury)
    Assuming the vehicles were on a public road your claim has to be against the driver of the bus either through the MIB. or directly against the offending driver in the county court.
    The latter course of action is not worthwhile if he has no assets with which to pay any judgement you win.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X