• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on Dragons teeth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Dragons teeth

Is there a legal height and distance from the road for installing dragons teeth, if so what are they?
    If not legal measurements, are there recommended measurements and if so what are they?
    These will be installed next to a private road, does this make a difference?

thank you

sealeysb21
    Tags: None

Extract from DMRB VOLUME 6 SECTION 3 PART 5 - TA 87/04

3.31 “Dragons Teeth” markings can be used in conjunction with gateways to increase their visibility, although they are only likely to be seen by drivers when they are close to them. The teeth are laid in pairs either side of the carriageway or a lane. Although there is no specific constraint, typically between 9 and 17 pairs of teeth have been used in trunk road traffic calming schemes. The “teeth” may increase in size as the hazard is approached or they may be all the same size, generally with a 750mm base and 600mm high. There are no specific results available for the use of dragon’s teeth but as they are only fully visible close up, their contribution to any speed reduction is likely to be small

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Extract from DMRB VOLUME 6 SECTION 3 PART 5 - TA 87/04

3.31 “Dragons Teeth” markings can be used in conjunction with gateways to increase their visibility, although they are only likely to be seen by drivers when they are close to them. The teeth are laid in pairs either side of the carriageway or a lane. Although there is no specific constraint, typically between 9 and 17 pairs of teeth have been used in trunk road traffic calming schemes. The “teeth” may increase in size as the hazard is approached or they may be all the same size, generally with a 750mm base and 600mm high. There are no specific results available for the use of dragon’s teeth but as they are only fully visible close up, their contribution to any speed reduction is likely to be small
      thank you, it doe not give me what I need. I want to use them to stop someone accessing my land. The teeth will be on my land (grass verges), the road is also my land but they have a right of way over the road. They have destroyed the grass verge.

sealeysb21

Comment

The public highway usually goes from hedge to hedge and includes grass verges.
        Is your land fenced off so that the public have no access to it, or is it just a grass verge alongside the metalled road?
        If the latter it will most probably be part of the public highway
        he
        As this is a private road, are there hedges or fences separating your garden from the verge?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X