• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council insurance claim.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council insurance claim.

I was in Anglesey for a long weekend this weekend.

I was on my back to where we was staying just as it was getting dark and hit a large pot hole/ eroded road whilst driving.

Upon arriving at our accommodation I noticed I had taken 2 chunks from 2 tyres and also scuffed the alloys on each wheel. (The car is only 1 month old)

the following we packed up to leave and 15 mins into the journey noticed the back passenger tyre was flat.

I had to wait 2 hours for a recovery truck to arrive then I was taken to a tyre shop. The technician recommended both front passenger and rear be replaced because of the damage.

Im going to submit a claim to Anglesey county councils.

I have there generic form to fill out and send, I have also taken photos of the damage and the pot hole and have the receipt for the wheels. I also asked the technician who replaced the wheel to sent a letter to say the damage was consistent with hitting a pot hole.

does anybody have any advice please?
    Tags: None

Here’s is the pothole
    Attached Files

Comment

The pothole appears to be the not on the road but the verge like most rural roads with no kerb

Comment

Sorry here’s a better photo.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like you are on top of things - although I'm not sure it would be classed as a pot hole either as it's the edge of the road disintegrating - is the road owned by the council ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst I wasn’t sure what to call it. Yes it’s a council owned road. I’m also submitting a FOI asking for road reports etc

Comment

Good idea. If they show they were aware of the issue before you damaged your vehicle on it, it will help your case.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst I wasn’t sure what to call it. Yes it’s a council owned road. I’m also submitting a FOI asking for road reports etc

Comment

Gosh, that looks like what we call a motorway in West Wales

Comment

Councils response. Any idea anyone
                    Attached Files

Comment

That is a standard response, and if the council are complying with their statutory duties you will not succeed with a claim

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X