• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Damaged on drive .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Damaged on drive .

Hi All, I was wondering if someone can give me some advice on a tricky accident problem.
    We rent a cottage from a farmer on his land, on Thursday he was taking round bales past the front of our property on his track and lost two bales one went through his fence the second ran down the back of my car. they wer overhanging each side of his trailer and I think he hit the fence on the side of the lane.

To keep it short he broke the wiper arm off the back of my estate put a smaall dent in the rear 1/4 panel at the end of the trim and put a crease all the way along the top edge of my bumper. How do I stand as A) he is my landlord and we are on disability benefits B) this all happened on his land and C) he says there was no damage and eventually said he would pay for a new wiper blade! he also pushed the car forward inagainst the wall at the front, but I dont think there is damage.
    He made no attempt to apologise or even admit anything had ahppened and ignored me when I was out by my car looking at the damage and checking it over, I had to ask him if I was going to get an apology, this is when he said they was no damage. I have photos and will be getting estimates on Monday.

Thanks for reading.
    Tags: None

Get a quote to fix the damage. He should have insurance either for the tractor or for the farm one or the other will pay out. Check how much you excess is and see if the claim is worth it.

Comment

even though it was on his land as he owns the lane and our cottage. He has also denied that there is any damage. I am afriad that if I tell my insurance they will write off my car as a financial write off. This is also going to make our position living here very difficult.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X