• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Treliske Retail Park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN Treliske Retail Park

Evening,

My girlfriend and I have both received PCNs for our cars being parked at the above location.

The cars were parked at the retail park to visit Homebase to get a kitchen design done.

Apparently the cars were parked too long but as it's a retail park the drivers assumed the car parking was free for patrons of the shops on the park.

Is there anything we can do to appeal the charge? I attach a copy of the notice I received for my car today.

This is the same retail park as the following thread which is what lead me to post here: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ghview-parking

Cheers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190827_215534.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	1483898
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

First of all I would have a go at Homebase and demand that they get the charge cancelled. There is always Wickes !

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give notice of keeper liability as prescribed by section 9 (2) (f) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc

Send first class with free certificate of posting from any post office.

They will reject but POPLA, with the other failings, will accept
    Last edited by ostell; 28th August 2019, 09:34:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      First of all I would have a go at Homebase and demand that they get the charge cancelled. There is always Wickes !

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give notice of keeper liability as prescribed by section 9 (2) (f) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc

Send first class with free certificate of posting from any post office.

They will reject but POPLA, with the other failings, will accept
      Evening again!

I popped into Homebase this evening on the way home and asked for the parking charge to be cancelled but was half expecting them to say they can't do anything like the thread I posted.

The person I spoke to was very nice and understood and I'm guessing deals with this all the time. He said I need to email the store with the pictures of the charges and he'll get the charge cancelled, so a great outcome!

I'm going to write the email to the store now and hopefully will hear back via post soon.

Thanks again for the assistance, I will keep it in the bag in case the store don't manage to get the charge cancelled.

Cheers!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X