• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

London Tribunal Grounds for Appeal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Tribunal Grounds for Appeal

Hi all,

I am preparing to attend a London Tribunal hearing for a Moving contravention that was caught on camera, it was a no right turn.

However the enforcement authority has made many procedural impropriety. The main ones being:

1) Not printing anywhere on the PCN any form of address, telephone number, or website in how to send the appeal.

2) Sending a charge certificate 22 days into the 28 day period after sending the letter of rejection.

HOWEVER, the problem is that the only statutory grounds of appeal for a moving contravention is the below:
    • You were not the owner of the vehicle at the material time;
    • The alleged contravention did not occur;
    • The person in control of the vehicle at the material time was in control of it without the consent of the owner;
    • The recipient is a vehicle hire firm and the vehicle in question was, at the material time, hired under a qualifying hire agreement and the person hiring it had signed a statement of liability for any Penalty Charge Notice issued in respect of the vehicle during the term of the hire agreement;
    • The penalty charge exceeded the amount applicable in the circumstances of the case.

The adjudicator can only rule on the above. My question is:

1) Can i still win with the ground of appeal of There has been a procedural impropriety on the part of the Enforcement Authority which is only for a parking contravention.
    2) Why is There has been a procedural impropriety on the part of the Enforcement Authority not an option!!

Thanks in advance.

mystery1 Kati ostell paulajayne charitynjw you have all helped me out before to which i appreciate very much.

Suggest you try Pepipoo as they are the experts in this field (http://forums.pepipoo.com/)

Comment

Thanks des8 for directing me to the forum. It really helped in getting my win at the tribunal!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X