• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice - Retail Park / Wife Breastfeeding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice - Retail Park / Wife Breastfeeding

My wife went shopping with our then 7 month old daughter to a retail park.

She purchased items in 4 of the stores, had a coffee in Costa and then had to breast feed our daughter so went and did that in Mothercare.

There was a 3 hour maximum parking rule, that we didn't know of, and she exceeded this time due to breastfeeding. I'm sure it's on CCTV

The parking company want £160 or they are threatening court action. They even linked to this to try and scare us ->
    https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/uksc-2015-0116.html

Mothercare are remaining silent on this matter and our appeal to the land owner was rejected.

Anyone suggest anything, I'm incensed to write back and state that we will defend ourselves based on the shopping receipts from the stores on the retail park we have and the fact that my daughter needed breast feeding, which we feel is a human right that they were trying to deny us.

The company is ww.drpl.co.uk

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Which parking company?
    Windscreen ticket or ANPR?
    Have you identified the driver to the parking company?
    Have you followed their appeals process?
    Have you appealed to POPLA or IAS?
    Have you received court papers?

Suggest you post up any paperwork (suitably redacted) for the experts

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Which parking company?
      Windscreen ticket or ANPR?
      Have you identified the driver to the parking company?
      Have you followed their appeals process?
      Have you appealed to POPLA or IAS?
      Have you received court papers?

Suggest you post up any paperwork (suitably redacted) for the experts
      1) drpl.co.uk
      2) Yes, my wife appealed the penalty on the grounds she didn't know there was time limit, has receipts from multiple stores and had to breastfeed.
      3) Yes, it was denied
      4) No
      5) No

Will post up some letters later

Thanks

Comment

Debt recovery plus are only debt collectors who lie and cheat to persuade you to part with your money.
        If you ignore them they will pass it to the next desk and write to you on Zenith headed paper.
        They have no authority and I would ignore them.

Who issued the parking charge notice?

Comment

Debt recovery plus are only debt collectors who lie and cheat to persuade you to part with your money.
          If you ignore them they will pass it to the next desk and write to you on Zenith headed paper.
          They have no authority and I would ignore them.

Who issued the parking charge notice?
          The Creditor is UK Parking Control Ltd

Comment

When UK parking Control rejected the appeal they should have given you the opportunity to appeal to Popla as I believe they are members of BPA?
            Did they supply a Popla number?

Comment

When UK parking Control rejected the appeal they should have given you the opportunity to appeal to Popla as I believe they are members of BPA?
              Did they supply a Popla number?
              Yes, we have the letter. But we own two properties and the letter was sent to our other property and when we received the letter it was already 28 days after the date of the letter.

Comment

From https://popla.co.uk/faqs-and-advice
                In exceptional circumstances, the assessor may be able to extend the 28 day time limit. If you are submitting your appeal late you must state fully and clearly the reasons for the delay. You must also provide any evidence you have to justify the delay, along with your appeal. The assessor will then decide whether the appeal can still be considered.

Under the Equality Act 2010 the parking company have to make reasonable provision
                Look at page 4 here https://assets.publishing.service.go...quickstart.pdf

Comment

2.4 When there is relevant legislation and related guidance, this will define the overall standard of conduct for all AOS members. All AOS members must be aware of their legal obligations and implement the relevant legislation and guidance when operating their businesses. Examples of relevant law and guidance within this sector are:
                  contract law
                  tort of trespass
                  data protection law
                  consumer protection law
                  Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (POFA), including Schedule 4 (included as Appendix C to the Code)
                  DVLA Guidelines for Accredited Trade Associations
                  equalities law.
                  Above is from the BPA Code of Practice.
                  https://www.britishparking.co.uk/wri...CE_CURRENT.pdf
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X