• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye claim for one parking fine!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye claim for one parking fine!

So I've been sent a PoC for a claim from Parking Eye about me not paying a parking fine (rightly so).

An automated number plate recognition system captured my car entering and leaving the car park without a 'valid paid parking ticket'.

The signage is apparently displayed at the entrance to and throughout the car park, states that this is private land, managed by ParkingEye Ltd and is a paid parking site, along with other T&C's by which those who park on site agree to be bound. In according with the T&C's set out in the signage, the parking charge becomes payable. Notice under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 has been given under Sch 4, making the keeper liable.

I can either pay the £175, offer a fee or choose to go to court.

Could someone give me a steer on what the best options are ahead? Much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Depends on what is on the PCN, but PE normally get it right

Comment

Post up a pic of both front & rear of the original postal PCN (front & rear, redact personal data but leave all times/dates visible.)
      If you want time to assess your legal position you'll probably need to acknowledge the court claim.
      (if so, defend in full for now....you can change that later if you decide to pay.)
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        Depends on what is on the PCN, but PE normally get it right
        My vehicle got broken in to earlier this week and I've lost the claim documents.

Parking Eye are impossible to get hold of and the court can't do anything without a claim number.

Anyone have any ideas?!

Comment

Yep
          SAR P/Eye for all data held.
          It'll take up to a month to get the docs, so you might need to file a holding defence. (Car broken into, docs stolen, SAR sent & awaiting response etc.)

But as previously stated, it's important to acknowledge that court claim asap.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I don’t think I can file a holding defence. I have no paper work to do that, that’s what was stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by jord22 View Post
              I don’t think I can file a holding defence. I have no paper work to do that, that’s what was stolen.
              Lol
              That would kinda be your defence.....have you got a crime ref no?
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X