• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bus lane ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus lane ticket

Tried MSE but they told me to use another forum for this issue, I tried to register on that other forum but it seems hotmail is blacklisted. And i've tried to change my email in my profile but i've apparently got the security code wrong 22 times, thats when I gave up. So, sorry if this may not be the right forum/section, but I have no other place to post for help on this matter.

Basically, we have a ticket for driving in a bus lane and I was wondering if I have a case to challenge this.

So if you can imagine a road, one side has zero restrictions, but the other side has about 30% restriction (bus lane). Where the bus lane is, we turned into a dead end road to quickly pick something up from the store there (mrs ran in). We did a U turn in this dead end road and turned left to get out of there, unfortunately that direction has about 30 metres or so of bus lane. There is no signage at the road we was on to indicate it was a bus lane. In fact, Im not sure what to call it, but it wasn't a road we did the U turn in, its sort of off road parking.

We've done this several times in the last 1 years without any problems. Another thing is, this place we stopped has been under construction and being turned into a loading bay. It wasn't like this the last time we went there. The loading bay signage was up and the parking bays that used to be there have been removed. It seems its just a loading bay for deliveries to the store we visited.

So im wondering, if there was a good case to argue this ticket, perhaps they'll then issue another ticket for stopping in a loading bay.

What are your thoughts?

Heres a picture of the said bus lane in question...
    https://i.imgur.com/d7QFLxd.jpg

The blue line is the journey we took.

Heres a view from above:
    https://i.imgur.com/JEZmtFp.jpg
    RED: bus route
    BLUE: my route
    GREEN: no restrictions.

Another view:
    https://i.imgur.com/8LZADXp.jpg

Off the top of my head, theres no signage when exiting this new loading bay. Also none on google street view (march 2019). The only signage appears to be at either end of this road with the bus lane, even then, the only one I saw had a enforcement camera sign. The road marking are quite faded to ascertain whether its a bus lane or not.

Advice please?
    Last edited by jaisunny; 12th June 2019, 18:25:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X